- Five opportunities to participate in the “Build It Strong Child Care Business Foundation course offered by trained WECA staff (maximum of 30 participants per course).
- Two trainers per course (one who owned/operated a family child care business and the other with center-based administrative experience).
- Each business course includes either eight 2-hour sessions or four 4-hour sessions (16 hours of content).
- Program highlights include basics of a child care business, operations overview, outside service needs (e.g., insurance and legal), accounting and record-keeping, funding strategies, determination of program type (e.g., LLC, C-Corp, group center, family child care), and professionalism in early child care education.
- All for-profit participants will receive one-on-one general business consulting services from the WI SBDC.
- Sessions are presented online via Zoom, with simultaneous interpretation in services as needed.
- Participants will receive Registry credit for each completed session.
- Visit HERE for more information and to register.