The food guide pyramid has been replaced with a new graphic…a dinner plate. The new guide is based on the updated 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Learn more about “My Plate” by exploring the website.
- MyPlate Focuses on:
- Making your plate half fruits and vegetables
- Making at least half your grains whole-grains
- Switching to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk
- Enjoying your food, but in smaller portions
It’s about redesigning your plate!
10 Tips Nutrition Education Series at Choose My Plate
- 10 Tips to Build a Healthy Meal – https://www.choosemyplate.gov/ten-tips-build-healthy-meal
- 10 Tips to Help You Eat More Vegetables – https://www.choosemyplate.gov/ten-tips-add-more-vegetables-to-your-day
- 10 Tips to Help You Eat More Fruit – https://www.choosemyplate.gov/focus-on-fruits
- 10 Tips to Help You Eat Whole Grains – https://www.choosemyplate.gov/10-tips-make-half-your-grains-whole-grains-0
- 10 Tips to Choosing Protein – https://www.choosemyplate.gov/ten-tips-with-protein-foods-variety-is-key