The St. Croix County 4-H Leaders Association Educational Scholarships are awarded to 4-Her’s based on demonstrated personal growth, development and leadership, academic performance, community engagement, and future educational goals.
NEW in 2023 – St. Croix County 4-H Trade Education Scholarship – The Leaders Association will now be also granting scholarships specifically for those pursuing a career in the trades. Trades careers could include, but are not limited to welding, construction, plumbing, carpentry, electrician, etc.
The Betty Jean Utecht Forgivable Loan is specific to the field of nursing. The Forgivable Loan is awarded to 4-Her’s based on demonstrated personal growth, development and leadership, academic performance, community engagement, and future educational goals. This loan is renewable with an annual application. A 4-H member may apply for both the Betty Jean Utecht Forgivable Loan and a St. Croix County 4-H Leaders Association Scholarship.
All applications must be sent (see specific details in the application) to Sky Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5:00pm. Late applications cannot be considered. The application requirements represent what youth may be asked to submit when applying for jobs. We encourage applicants to treat this process as if applying for employment.
- St. Croix County 4-H Educational Scholarship Application 2023: 2023 Scholarship Description Application FINAL 2023.01.29
- St. Croix County 4-H TRADE Education Scholarship Application 2023: 2023 TRADE Education Scholarship Description Application FINAL 2023.01.29
- Betty Utecht Forgivable Loan Application 2023 (for the field of nursing): 2023 Betty Utecht Forgivable Loan Application FINAL 2023.01.29
- Kaila Fouks 4-H Memorial Scholarship (pursuing a career in dairy science) – Pls submit application following the same format and timeline as the SCC 4-H Educational Scholarship. This scholarship is sponsored by Willow River Elementary School and the Family & Friends of Kaila Fouks.
- Dairy Scholarship (sponsored by the Dairy Project) – This scholarship follows a different application process than those mentioned above. (contact Cindy Schultz at email@example.com for complete information and the application) Due May 1
Members attending 4-H trips in the 2023-24 Club Year are eligible to apply for financial support to help cover some of the trip cost.
- 1st Deadline – For trips scheduled in Fall 2023-January 31, 2024, application deadline is no later than November 10, 2023 at 5:00pm.
- 2nd Deadline – For trips scheduled in February 2024-June 30, 2024, application deadline is no later than April 5, 2024 at 5:00pm.
See below for all application details.
2023-24 Scholarship Application AND Forms
2023 Award Deadline is September 6, 2023
The Club Leaders / Leaders Association will be providing the following awards
- Club Evaluation: Evaluation of your club’s activities, involvement, etc. is optional. Evaluation Form Club Evaluation Form Due September 6, 2023.
- Record Book Evaluation Form: Record Book Evaluation Forms are available as a guide for leaders to review club member’s record books.4-H Record & Member Eval. Form If copies are needed please let the UW-Extension Office know.
- Club Awards: Areas are now Community Service, 4-H Education and Building 4-H. Please complete a separate application for each award area (insert pictures on page 3 if applicable) Club Awards Form FINAL Due September 6, 2023.
- Club Leadership Team Award: Please complete an application for the Club-Leadership-Team-Award Due September 6, 2023.
Key Award: Nominations by leaders The Wisconsin 4-H Key Award Program recognizes a select group of 4-H participants who have demonstrated consistent growth in their 4-H involvement, developed and applied leadership skills, and actively participated in the functions of their 4-H club and community. To be eligible, candidates must be in 9th grade or above and must have completed at least three years of 4-H and one year of youth leadership. 2023 Key Award Nomination Form FINAL Due September 6, 2023
Friend of 4-H Award: An individual who is not a certified 4-H leader and does much for the 4-H program. Nominate a Friend-of-4-H There can be no more than 3 nominations per club. Due September 6, 2023.
Florence Jensen Outstanding County Leadership Award: Nominate no more than two youth who has demonstrated leadership on a county level. Nomination form Florence-Jensen-Outstanding-County-Leadership-Award-Form Due September 6, 2023.
Helen Holzer Outstanding Club Leadership Award: Nominate no more than two youth who has demonstrated leadership on a club level. Nomination form Helen-Holzer-Outstanding-Club-Leadership-Award-Form Due September 6, 2023.
County Farm Bureau Award: Nominate no more than two youth between Grades 8-10 who demonstrated leadership potential and overall achievement. This award is sponsored by the St. Croix County Farm Bureau Organization. Nomination Form Farm-Bureau-Award-Form Due September 6, 2023.
Cloverbud Certificates: Kindergarten through 2nd grade Cloverbuds will receive a special Cloverbud Certificate.
Year Recognition: First Year member certificates – Cloverbud years will be counted as years in 4-H. That means, first year member certificates will be awarded at the end of the members first year whether they are a Cloverbud, Explorer, or other first year member. Member certifcates are also awarded for members at the end of the members 5th,10th, and 14th year.
Outstanding Graduate: Recognition of “outstanding” graduating members for their achievements in and their commitment and long-term contribution to 4-H. This award is meant to acknowledge any graduating 4-H member (who meets 4-H policy for graduation) who has demonstrated leadership characteristics through their participation at the club or county level during their 4-H career – overall. Club leaders may nominate as many graduating 4-H members for this award as they feel merit the recognition. These members will be invited to attend the Leader’s Banquet, and will be recognized for their contributions at that time. This award is suggested for High School Seniors. Nomination Form Outstanding-Graduate-Award-Form Due September 6, 2023.
Project Awards: It is very important that you specify which project / activity disc you wish to award to the member. Without this information we cannot order the proper discs. For disc information look over Disc List . A more detailed list of discs can be found at: A & T Disc List The following form must be completed with project winners Project-Awards-for-Members-Form
Outstanding Livestock Member Award: The Livestock Project member must apply for this award. A member may only receive this award once. Outstanding-Livestock-Member-Application-Form Due September 6, 2023.
Outstanding Breeding Stock Member Award: The Breeding Stock Project member must apply for this award. A member may only receive this award once. Outstanding-Breeding-Stock-Member-Form Due September 6, 2023.
The Living Memorial Award is meant for an individual who puts a lot of time and effort into the County Fair to make it a success each year. Non 4-H Leaders as well as 4-H Leaders are eligible. To nominate an individual, complete the Living Memorial Award Nomination and submit to the UW-Extension Office by April 1, 2024.